For enter Japan

When you are entering Japan, you need a visa. In some case you need a status of residence. It’s depended on how long and what is your purpose in Japan.

What is visa

Put simply visa is for entering Japan. You can get a visa at your closest Japanese embassy or consulate outside Japan. Japanese embassy or consulate checks your valid passport and your purpose in Japan. Visa has to be obtained before traveling to Japan.

What is a status of residence

Status of residence is for qualification for staying in Japan. You have to contact with an immigration bureau inside Japan. Status of residence has various types. And it’s depend on what is purpose in Japan.

For short stay (temporary visitors)

If you stay short for temporary visitors, you need a visa. If you are a citizen of one of the countries with which Japan has a “general visa exemption arrangement”, you need only a valid passport to enter Japan. Otherwise, you need to obtain a visa before entering the country. Temporary visitors from most countries are allowed to stay for up to 90 days.

Check your country has a general visa exemption arrangement with japan.

Temporary visitors are not allowed to engage in any paid activities.

However, allowed to study at Japanese language schools short term.

For long stay (work at Japan)

If you stay in Japan more than temporary visitors, you need a status of residence in addition to the visa. You must make sure that your purpose in Japan is fitted with a status of residence. Depend on what type of a status of residence, you are allowed to bring your spouses and children.

If you need more information and specific information, contact us. If you have a problem with speaking Japanese, please send e-mail or call us in English.